Sunday, March 8, 2015

Butter Spritz Cookies with a Hint of Rum

I love to bake. And I love to bake with alcohol. I've been asked to share some of my recipes so here's my first one.

I got a cookie press as one of my wedding gifts and since then I keep looking for excuses to use it. These spritz cookies are really delicious, at least in my opinion. I added just a hint of rum. You can increase or decrease the rum content to suit your tastes.

Ingredients

1 cup butter
1 cup granulated sugar
1 egg
2 2/3 cups flour
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp vanilla
2 tbsp rum (I like using golden rum)
Optional: food coloring


  1. Cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
  2. Beat in the egg then stir in the vanilla and rum.
  3. Combine the flour and salt.
  4. Cover dough and chill for at least 1 hour.
  5. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
  6. If you decide to color your cookies, divide your batter into bowls and add a different color to each bowl and stir in gently.
  7. Press dough out onto ungreased cookie sheets. (I wipe out my cookie press each time I change colors to avoid a muddy looking batter)
  8. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until golden.
  9. Transfer cookies to wire cooling racks and cool completely.
This recipe makes about 2 1/2 - 3 dozen cookies. If you store them in an airtight container they usually last about a week or so.


The last time I made them, I made green four-leaf clovers, pink flowers and plain sand dollars.

Try them and let me know how they turn out for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment