Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Close your eyes and jump

Sometimes you just have to close your eyes, hold on to your faith, and jump.

Growing up in the Caribbean, I always heard that America was the land of opportunity. It was the place where dreams come true. Anyone who wants it bad enough, can make it. I'm still not completely sold on it but so far America has been pretty decent to me. I got to attend an awesome college. I have an amazing job. And I'm married to a wonderful man. Now I'm going to try jumping again.

It's no secret that I love to bake. Especially cupcakes. I love trying out new flavors, coming up with new combinations and infusing standard recipes with alcohol. And if I do say so myself, my cupcakes taste pretty good. Over time, I've been toying with the idea of selling my cupcakes. And that annoying little naysayer voice in my head kept saying things like 'Who would buy your cupcakes? What makes you think you're good enough? Why would anyone pay for them?' But I've decided to quiet that voice, close my eyes and jump. The way I figure it, I don't have anything to lose. If it doesn't work out, I'm no worse off than I am now. I have nothing to lose, but everything to gain. Now, I'm not about to quit my job, buy tons of equipment or anything like that. Teaching is and always will be my first love. This is going to be something I do on the side - evenings, weekends, that sort of thing, and see where it goes. I'm going to give it my best shot. It might be that I don't sell a single cupcake, but I won't know until I try. I don't want to be left wondering. I want to know that I've always given life my all.

So, with that said, if any of my wonderful readers are in the market for great tasting cupcakes, let me know. I'd love to make something tasty for you.

Here I go. Jump!

No comments:

Post a Comment